Friday 27 November 2009

Oyez! Oyez! Oyez!

The official Bury St Edmunds Town Crier


Today I'm all of a lather.

I was going to dedicate a whole blogpost to Nestlé's new Christmas selection boxes - you know the ones that come with 95% recyclable packaging. As they're the first large confectionery manufacturer to ditch the plastic inserts, I thought it would be worthy news.

Then I realised time was running out to vote for the Tetra Pak video competition, so I decided a bit of self-promotion wouldn't go amiss, to plead for you to vote for our "with tantrums and tears" How Do You Squash Yours entry, before time runs out this Sunday. Please, please, please, please, please!

But more importantly, there's the matter of the online charity auction, organised by Housewife Confidential, which will be live at Bambino Goodies on Monday. That deserves a whole post in itself, especially as it's to raise urgent money for the Cumbria Flood Recovery Fund.

Oh decisions, decisions. So much news to share and so little time to do it.

So perhaps I should become a Town Crier, like the one spotted while out shopping today, promoting the Bury St Edmunds Christmas Fayre. Now he's a man who knows how to broadcast news.

Yes, that's it!

Forget blogging & Twitter, just give me a webcam, some regal attire and a handbell and my problems will be solved...well perhaps after a bit of practice.

So here goes...

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez...Remember to commit to reduced packaging this Christmas and to squash your Tetra Paks. And vote for our video too.

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez...Come to Bury St Edmunds this weekend and enjoy the Christmas fayre.

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez...Please, please, please support the Cumbria Flood Recovery auction. Bidding starts Monday and goes on all week.

Now I'm sure I've missed something....

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez

Ah yes...that's it.

Come back next week, when I'll have even more news. And I mean really exciting news!

Oyez, Oyez, Oyez!

Oh my! Am I so glad to get all that off my chest. And it means I can now put my feet up tomorrow and give you a break too.

Altogether now...as loudly as you can.

...Hooray, Hooray, Hooray!

__________________________________________________

4 comments:

mrs green said...

hey Mrs A; I'm indecisive too and with so much great information out there at the moment with improved packaging, it's a job to know what to talk about first :D

Good luck with the Tetra pak voting; I see your third - that's fabulous news!

Looking forward to your exciting news for next week; I wonder what it can be.
you know you will be personally responsible for insomnia on my part now, don't you.
Sigh...

Mrs G x

Laura Andolini said...

I am a chef, certified personal trainer and a mom. I have discovered that the mindset regarding eating is the most important thing, not necessarily the diet methods that don't fit you. I discovered this when trying to
get my toddler to eat and wrote a book about it - Diet Secrets of A Toddler, By Laura Andolini. It is on my website if you are interested. www.cooking-for-fitness.com , or amazon.com. I hope you enjoy it!

John Costigane said...

Hi Mrs A,

Reaching the last group for the competition is an achievement in itself. My own favourite, Mission Impossible, did not even rate a mention. I never saw Jim Phelps humming the tune in the programme.

Almost Mrs Average said...

Hi Mrs G - the world of packaging is most definitely motoring. It's great that you've got your regular "six stories" on a Sunday, where you can share the highlights of the week. The Tetra Pak video vote has been fun and was good to be part of the promotion. Hopefully re "the new", I should be in a position to provide an update over the next couple of days. It won't be that we've won the TP prize, to be sure, but it's far more exciting than that. As you can see...it's such good news even I can't sleep :-)x

Hi Laura - thanks for dropping by. That sounds interesting will pop over an have a look :)

Hi John - LOL, so true about getting to the top ten. Re the Mission Impossible one, I liked that too. But if it's the one I'm thinking off, I believe that one might have been entered by the Tetra Pak team at the beginning of the promotion. My personal favourite is the primary school children rolling on the cartons. They sound like they're having such a great time. Although I do like the music on the video with the girl on the bike. :-)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin