Well here's a refreshing change from talking rubbish. I've been tagged by Tasha at Wahm-Bam and more recently Cartside over at Mummy Do That, to give a personal insight into my past, my plans and other random doo-dahs that occupy my thoughts.
I had planned to share some of my adventures in my garden, but that'll have to wait for another day, while the nosey one's amongst you discover what goes on in my head and what lies ahead when I'm not washing out the tin cans.
So, here's the 8 things thingymajig. Are you ready for it?
8 Things I'm looking forward to
- The school holidays - fun times and lazy days with the children.
- Visiting my sister and her family in Switzerland.
- Broody hens starting to lay eggs again.
- Making a tiara for a friend's wedding and enjoying a hen night to celebrate another friend's marriage.
- A night out with Mr A for my 41st birthday - only 10 days to go.
- Being taken out for lunch by two very cool dudes in London - (chaps, you know who you are and yes, you are pretty cool).
- Going to see Calendar Girls with one of my best mates in the West End.
- Being interviewed for TalkRadioEurope next week
8 Things I did yesterday
- Started a collection to buy a class present for my youngest son's teacher and assistants.
- Dropped into the BBC Radio Suffolk studio as a guest on the James Hazell show.
- Made an impromptu visit to a friend's house for a surprise play-date.
- Rang my ex-publisher in shock after discovering the release-data for cancelled book is still winging its way around Amazon and other online catalogues.
- Started working on interview for a feature in an Irish national paper.
- Met up with some friends at the Bury LETS bartering group: swapped some of our home-grown salad leaves, broccoli, basil and a couple of eggs for some magazines, home-made card, jam and digital camera advice.
- Washed pants.
- Watched Torchwood
8 Things I wish I could do
- Bring an end to poverty, abuse, war and global warming.
- Become fluent in Italian, Welsh, French and German.
- Move next door to me old mucker Tracey Smith.
- Live closer to my sister, which makes the above wish a really tough choice.
- Do the Dunwich Dynamo moonlit bike ride.
- Be serenaded by Take That.
- Go shopping with Dawn French.
- Enjoy a lie-in on a Sunday
8 Favourite fruits
- Strawberries - only the sweetest will do
- Raspberries - firm, ripe but not too squashy
- Blueberries - best cooked in muffins
- Tomatoes - best picked from the vine in your own garden
- Gooseberries - tart - not the cooked kind, just tart
- Nectarines - firm but sweet
- Satsumas - at Christmas
- Lemons - especially when freshly squeezed and diluted with water as a presse
8 Places I'd like to travel
- St Davids, Wales - to relive faint memories of childhood.
- Ireland - for missed opportunities.
- York, England - to visit Ruby.
- Italy - for pizza and passionate language.
- Scandinavia - for the fjords.
- Liechtenstein - because it's small and European.
- Strattons in Norfolk - for sheer organic luxurious indulgence, without the kids.
- The Moon - the most adventurous way to see the world, with the kids.
8 Places I've lived
- Treharris, Wales: memories of working colliery, chapels, terraced houses and pubs.
- Mountain Ash, Wales...furnacite, ice-cream van, baby sister and moving house in a Mini.
- Sutton Bonnington, Leics... sheep, quaint road signs; bistro and university campus.
- Nottingham...polytechnic, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem Inn, & Trent Bridge.
- Hemel Hempstead, Herts ... train Station, Boxmoor cricket & Dunstable Downs.
- Berkhamsted, Herts...Ashridge Park, canal, Home & Colonial shop and cafe.
- London...South Bank, visits to Chelsea, researching music data standards in Stretham.
- Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk... enjoying motherhood, rubbish fun and tractors.
8 Lovely people I'm tagging...because I'm nosey like that